Monday, January 3, 2011

2011--A WHOLE NEW ADVENTURE!!!

Happy Joyful-Adventurous-New Year!!!

I love the beginning of the year. It's an opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start AGAIN!!
I'm especially excited about what this year will bring to YPC. We will be creating and producing a new original show "MEAN"-- I know this will be a a production that will be ground-breaking for us as an organization. We are cracking open the difficult subject of "bullying."
Though I know we will not be solving this enormous problem--I do know the show will definitely get people thinking and talking about this. Rita Cannon has written an incredible, thought-provoking script. I am so proud and impressed with what she has created. Rita is a YPC alum; and a brilliant and smart writer!

We are also going to be premiering our third educational film-"The BoyShow" -- sometime in late January. We filmed this project this past July. The guys that were involved did an outstanding job. I'm excited to see the final cut--and get people's reaction and feedback.
When its all said and done we will have produced three films that focus on teen health. These films have been sold all over the country. I am truly proud of this accomplishment.

We have also been selected by the folks at Rock the Cause to be the nonprofit organization that will be featured for their Glitter Ball. We will be able to promote YPC to a whole new audience--as well as receive the proceeds from this event--which is on Friday April 8th. Look for updates on this event.
Time to get your dancing shoes out of the closet and ready to rock and roll!!!

There's lots more that will be happening--I'm just scratching the surface. That's why I love my job. Every day there is something new and different. I feel so lucky and blessed to have such an amazing job. I get to do so many different kinds of things...and meet so many interesting people. And best of all I get to imagine possibilities. And that is my favorite thing to do--professionally and personally. To dream and think ...what if?! And then to actually make it happen---nothing more magical than that!!

Imagine what your possibilities will be in 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment