Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Think Before You Speak

I don't think people realize how ruthless we are as human beings. The things people say to eachother, especialy teens, is really kind of insane. As a part of the Mean cast, I've started to look at what I say to others, and I've realized that I'm just the same as everyone else. Just as sarcastic, just as rude, just as thoughtless, just as mean. Honestly, I think of myself as a nice person. I'm compassionate, I care about my friends and I work towards doing service for others. But I don't think about the people in my daily life just as much as I do the starving children in Africa or simply the homeless people on the streets. My ideas are broad, but the truth is simply this: We need to focus on the people in our lives, our friends and our family, because they're the ones we hurt subconciously. Throwing things out like 'gay' and 'stupid' especially 'I hate you' to the person saying it, most of the time it's not meant to hurt. As people, we really need to start to think before we speak. There have been too many people hurt from words that are just thrown out, it needs to stop. We need to start to think. And speak kindly.

2 comments: