Friday, January 28, 2011

How to change lives

The title of this post is what I put in the subject line of all the emails, notes, and messages I sent to people like Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah, and many news companies. I'm hoping that everyone will do everything in their power to get this show out there. It is truly going to be amazing. I attached the letter that I have been sending out to people so everyone has a chance to read it and kind of see my point of view.

My name is Scarlett Thompson, and I wanted to tell you about something that should be broad-casted as far as possible. I am currently in a play called "Mean". It is all about the kind of bullying that's going on right now and the hardships of it in high school. The show is with a theater company called "Youth Performance Company". This theater is probably the only place that people should be in February. The performance follows the story lines of three different kids. One who is tormented about her appearance, one who is bullied about her religion and another who is tormented daily about his perceived sexual preference. This show is not just another 'oh, bullying is bad, try to stop it, goodbye' performance. Absolutely not. The actors in this show have ALL been through some kind of bullying in their life. Some are being teased every day, right now. Almost every night at rehearsal someone is crying because they just have to relive or watch this HORRIBLE stuff that happens in everyone’s lives!

I KNOW that this show could change lives. It already has. For me, as the youngest person in the cast (most of them are in high school, and I’m 12), I am just shocked at the kind of stuff that’s been going on that I didn't even know about! These actors are opening up part of their lives to us, and I think EVERYONE deserves to see this. So PLEASE help us spread the word about this. Thank you.

Scarlett

1 comment:

  1. You are wise beyond your years and you make me proud! Great point of view!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete