Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Close to Heart

It really wasn't until I started to work on promoting this show that I realized truely how much this show means to me. Talking to people at school, some interested and some scoffing at the idea of a musical about bullying, it has shown me that people really don't understand the severety and seriousness that bullying creates. Teenagers are oblivious to their surroundings, their actions, their friends. I want them to see the truth, the harsh effects that simple words can create. Everything is taken very lightly in high school, things are thrown out, words are spoken without any thought of the repercussions of their actions. I want them to start to care.
Passion. To stop bullying. To think before you act. To let people be knowledgable about bullying and it's deadly effects.
This show has the power to change lives, the power to give new perspective. We need to take the chance we have with MEAN to try and change lives. I am going to use my story, my character, my own life to change even one persons life. I never want anyone to have to go through what I experienced with bullying. This show is dear to my heart. Close to my heart, my story and my life. This is my passion and I am going to use it to change a life.

No comments:

Post a Comment