Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New to the Board

As a general rule, the performing arts aim to draw in the audience and keep them captivated. As an avid play-goer I seek this captivation and strive to find the secret gem in each city in which I live or visit. In Indiana the gem was a small town theater in a historic small town, in South Dakota it was the local university and in Minneapolis I have found that gem at YPC.

My first experience at YPC was a play that exceeded my expectations, kept me engaged, and left me thinking about the content for weeks after the show. During a month when I attended several shows including some at Minneapolis’ most famous theatres, the only show I wanted to talk about was YPC’s.

A friend on the Board increasingly peaked my interest with conversations about activities and exciting upcoming shows. Eventually I was introduced to the Board and quickly learned that the positive energy and dedication to the company was something I had to be a part of. From the first moment I watched a YPC play to my recent interactions with the Board I have felt energized and motivated to support their cause. I couldn’t be happier to start the New Year with this talented group and I look forward to seeing future audiences walk away as impressed as I did after my initial YPC experience.

Annie - "New" YPC Board Member

No comments:

Post a Comment